Updated on: Oct 13, 2011
Published on: Jul 29, 2010
Synergy let’s you use one set of keyboard and mouse to control multiple computers across different platform simply using TCP/IP protocol
For windows platform – Download Link
For Linux RPM – Download Link
For MAC OS – Download Link
Linux – Ubuntu (under Ubuntu I use QuickSynergy)
make sure the Screen name is the name of the server screen setting.
Since I do not have a MAC OS running so i could not capture a screenshot for it, but I guess, is pretty much the same.
Under my Ubuntu I use the QuickSynergy instead of the RPM above from Sourceforge – Link here
After installation, the application is under (Applications > Accessories > QuickSynergy)
Updated on: Oct 13, 2011 setup on a MAC as a Server
To run the Synergy as a KVM server do the following
- Go to synergy-foss.org to get the latest version of the Synergy
- Extract the zip file to anywhere you want. (I put it in my Desktop)
- Follow the “MacReadme.txt” to copy the file into your system.
- Rename the synergy.conf.example file to synergy.conf file.
- Edit the synergy.conf file to match your computer physical environment.
To Start the synergys app
- Start the terminal app
- Log in as root or system [sudo -s]
- Drag the synergys file into your terminal window. Do not press enter after this
- Type the following after the path added from the last step [-f –config]. Do not press enter after this
- Then drag the synergy.conf file into the terminal window then press enter to run the application.
If there is any error you can press ctrl + c to stop the app if it do not stop by itself. Correct any error and run it again.